How ORBOT is changing the landscape of rotary machines with their innovations
In today’s fast-paced cleaning industry, innovation is essential to staying ahead of the curve. One company that’s been making waves in the industry is ORBOT. With their advanced technology and innovative approach, ORBOT has created a extensive range of floor machines that can clean any floor.
This blog post will be helpful for anyone in the cleaning industry, such as commercial cleaners and facility managers or anyone that wants to improve their understanding of exciting and new innovative cleaning machines.
In this blog, we will look at ORBOT and see how their technology works within their cleaning machine range. From their commitment to sustainability to their focus on the ORBOT technology, we will delve into what ORBOT does and what it can offer you and your cleaning needs.
What is ORBOT?
ORBOT machines use orbital technology to continually improve and innovate their cleaning machines. These machines can swap any ORBOT pads and brushes from their cleaning machine range and make it much more convenient for your cleaning plan throughout.
Compared to traditional cleaning machines, ORBOT utilises orbital machinery discs within their machines. Their orbital technology is the main innovation behind the ORBOT, this uses a unique driver system that functions by generating multiple small circular motions that measure 3/8 inch in diameter and spin at a speed of 1725rpm. Meanwhile, these “orbits” revolve together, around the centre of the driver plate, turning at 80rpm. Finally, these two actions work together to create a singular system. This creates the orbital movement that the ORBOT machines use.
One of the other innovations of ORBOT is their incorporation of using green concepts within their technology. For the usage of these machines, no chemicals are needed, only water! This greatly reduces the environmental impact that harsh chemicals can produce.
There are multiple ORBOT machines, each different and that can fit you or your cleaner’s needs. For example, some are cordless, some are lightweight, and some with a lower budget.
The ORBOT range
Three of the most popular ORBOT cleaning machines from the range are the Sprayborg, Vibe and Slim. Below we will list the three and what each machine is specified for.
The ORBOT SprayBorg
The ORBOT SprayBorg is the go-to floor cleaning machine from ORBOT. Some of its best features include that it’s compact, and versatile and comes with a unique drive system that enables a variety of pads and brushes to be attached to it for cleaning, scrubbing, sanding, stripping, polishing and bonneting.
Features of this machine include:
- Compact Design: The SprayBorg can be easily folded down to 30″ in height for ease of transport and storage.
- Easy Tilt Base: The base tilts up quickly and easily for pad replacement.
- Big Wheels: With its large 10″ wheels, the SprayBorg can move easily over staircases, steps, curbs, holes, and other obstacles.
- Lightweight: The SprayBorg only weighs 46kg, making it easy to move around.
- Vertical Handle: The vertical handle grips make it easy to use and decrease lower back strain.
- Motor: The SprayBorg comes with a strong 1 horsepower 220V/50 Hz. motor which can generate 1725 oscillations per minute.
- Quick Release Cord: The SprayBorg has a fast connect/release power cord system for easy use.
- Smooth-Glide System: The gliders allow the machine to operate effortlessly on all carpet pile thicknesses.
- 10 Litre Cartridge Bottle System: SprayBorg comes supplied with 3 bottles for premixing solutions.
- SprayBorg Flow-Control System: You can control the flow rate. Settings can range from a fine spray up to 4 litres per minute.
The ORBOT SLiM
The ORBOT ‘SLiM’ is promoted by the company to be the next generation of orbital floor cleaning machines. This machine is battery-operated, letting the cleaner clean without a cord for up to 45 minutes. Adding to this, this machine is more compact than the SprayBorg and much lightweight too. This machine is perfect for intimate and complicated areas such as bedrooms and bathrooms.
Features of this machine include:
- Lightweight: The Orbot SLiM weighs only 11.8kg (18.6kg with accessories) and has specially set lifting handles that make it straightforward to lift in and out of vehicles and bring up staircases.
- 45psi Pump: The machine is equipped with a 45psi pump that applies the cleaning solution directly to the surface without contamination.
- Front LED Lighting: The Orbot SLiM is supplied with front LED lighting, which helps light up areas in low lighting conditions, making it easier to see obstacles, dirt and grime.
- Quick Change Solution Tank: The machine comes fitted with a 2.8L quick change solution tank that is easy to clean, fill or swap.
- Versatile Cleaning: The Orbot SLiM can be used to clean a range of surfaces, including carpet, stone, wood, vinyl and safety floors.
- Optional Accessories: Optional accessories are available for this machine, such as a weight kit, carpet bonnets, brushes, pads and more.
- Premium Engineering: The machine is engineered to the high-quality standards pre-set by the SprayBorg, ensuring optimal performance and durability.
The ORBOT Vibe
Like the Sprayborg, this ORBOT machine is perfect for carpet and hard flooring. It’s also compact and versatile, like the Sprayborg, however more budget friendly. It features a patented dual-action orbital system that produces a powerful agitation, resulting in outstanding results. With this machine, you can get your floors and surfaces looking as good as new!
Features of this machine include:
- Easy Flip Base: Changing pads is a breeze with the Easy Flip Base, which lifts up quickly.
- Big Wheels: The ORBOT Vibe is easy to move around thanks to its big 10″ wheels.
- Maintenance Free: Maintenance is hardly ever an issue because of the ORBOT Vibe’s smart design.
- Powerful Motor: The powerful 1 horsepower motor generates 1725 oscillations per minute and can be used with either 110V/60 Hz or 220V/50 Hz power sources.
- Easy Cord Removal: With the Quick Connect Cord system, removing cords is simple and easy.
- Simple Controls: The Thumb-Touch Control Button System puts control at your fingertips, letting you turn on, off, and spray with ease.
- Replaceable Plates: The Velcro Driver Plate System (VDP) means that worn-out plates can be quickly and easily replaced with new ones.
From this, we can see that ORBOT offers a range of cleaning machines to suit different cleaning needs and budgets. The Sprayborg is compact, versatile and comes with a unique drive system, making it ideal for cleaning, scrubbing, sanding, stripping, polishing, and bonneting. The Slim can be battery-operated, lightweight, and versatile, making it suitable for tight and complicated areas such as bedrooms and bathrooms. The Vibe is also compact and versatile, but more budget-friendly for cleaners, featuring a patented dual-action orbital system for powerful agitation. Overall, ORBOT’s machines offer a variety of features and options for effective and efficient floor and surface cleaning.
To wrap up
To conclude this blog post, we can see how ORBOT can deliver alternative and innovative cleaning machines for facility managers, cleaners, and commercial cleaning companies. Through their orbital technology and their eco-friendly ethos of not needing to use harsh chemicals for their cleaning machines, we can see how these machines are innovating the cleaning industry, especially with the numerous ORBOT cleaning machines that can fit all needs of customers within their range such as the SprayBorg, SLiM and Vibe.
Interested in knowing more about cleaning machines? Why not read about why you should choose scrubber dryers over traditional cleaning equipment.
At Wessex Cleaning Equipment, we are proud to present our extensive range of industrial machines, including floor-cleaning machines, which are available for both purchase and rental. Furthermore, we also offer comprehensive training on the usage of these machines. Please click the button below to explore how we can help you.