What are the benefits of using a backpack vacuum over tub vacuums?
When selecting the correct commercial vacuum cleaner for your cleaning company, it’s vital to look through all the specifications of what you want and expect from your vacuum, such as the purpose of the tasks you will be performing with the vacuum, if it will be cordless, the runtime, the power, is it going to be eco-friendly and much more.
In this blog post, we will be focusing on one type of vacuum cleaner, backpack vacuums and the benefits they have over traditional tub vacuums. We will explain why you might want to use backpack vacuums compared to tub vacuums, the benefits and three examples of backpack vacuums that are on the market currently.
This blog post applies to anyone interested in purchasing a vacuum cleaner, companies that wish to look at alternative vacuum cleaners and cleaners that may want an alternative to traditional tub vacuum cleaners.
What exactly are backpack vacuums and what are they used for?
Vacuum backpacks are ergonomic and lightweight machines that cleaners can equip upon their back for ease of use. These vacuums can accommodate various body types and make sure the cleaner is comfortable whilst performing their cleaning jobs with the power of most upright vacuums. These vacuums are can be cordless and offer much more mobility than dragging a heavier tub vacuum around.
Where these vacuums are more compact and offer the cleaner further mobility compared to tub vacuums, they are much more suitable for cleaning more tight areas, such as shelves, small hallways, and other awkward spaces that a bigger vacuum may not be able to access.
Backpack vacuums are usually seen in commercial spaces and professional cleaning but there are similar household and budget-friendly backpack vacuums too. These will be both showcased further below.
The benefits of backpack vacuums over tub vacuums
- Better Productivity – Backpack vacuums are proven to be more efficient than a tub and upright vacuums. ProTeam explains that a cordless backpack vacuum can increase efficiency by saving 1 to 1 and half hours per 4-hour shift. This is due to it being more mobile as the cleaner will not be lugging a big tub vacuum. Meaning it can also clean smaller spaces such as vents too.
- Saving Time & Labor – Due to the time saved with faster cleaning due to not needing to pull around a heavier vacuum, cleaners will be able to save time with faster cleaning results, therefore reducing labour costs in the long run too due to having to work less overall.
- Improved Safety – According to the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), over 3,000 severe accidents are documented. Due to a lot of these backpack vacuums being cordless, this can reduce the risk of the cleaners tripping over potential cords and getting injured. Furthermore, due to these backpack vacuums being lightweight and ergonomic to fit your cleaner’s body, it will relieve stress on their back and thus reduce fatigue, compared to dragging a big tub vacuum.
- Cleaning the most awkward places – Without having the need of lugging a heavy tub vacuum across floors and smaller spaces, cleaners can carry the vacuum on the back, which will improve the amount of space they will have whilst cleaning. This can come in exceptionally handy with commercial spaces such as tight hallways, aeroplanes, cinemas and similar areas.
Examples of backpack vacuums
In this section, we will list three backpack vacuums that are popular for commercial cleaning and are brands known within the cleaning industry.
- PacVac Superpro 700 – Designed in Australia and advertised as one of the leading backpack vacuums on the market. A patented filter system called the Hypercone Hepa Filter, allows full suction to be held whilst the bag fills. PacVac has also ensured that the design of the backpack is ergonomic by working with leading ergonomics, making sure the cleaner is as comfortable as possible. This vacuum is professional and household friendly and is designed for spaces such as hotels, retail, office spaces, hospitals and much more. There are different variants of this vacuum, such as cordless ones.
- Nilfisk GD 5 – Manufactured by Nilfisk, a well-known and trusted brand within the commercial cleaning industry, this backpack vacuum has everything a cleaner needs, being lightweight and with a low noise level. This productive backpack vacuum is also budget-friendly. Perfect for mobile cleaning of hard-to-reach areas such as restaurants, cinemas and other retail and hospitality spaces. There are different variants of this backpack vacuum for different battery sizes, lengths of cord, and power plugins.
- Truvox VBPlle – Manufactured by another prominent brand, Truvox’s powerful commercial backpack cleaner is a vacuum best suited for small, tight areas such as cinemas, buses, and trains. The compact design of the vacuum means it can reach tight spaces within these areas easily. However, it is also able to be used in places such as offices, shops, and school rooms. This vacuum also has an A Energy Rating, making it an energy-efficient vacuum too.
In this blog post, we have explored what exactly backpack vacuums are and what they are used for and the features of a backpack vacuum. Such as how they are ergonomic and lightweight and the benefits of using a backpack vacuum over a tub vacuum. Such as better productivity and efficiency, and how they can potentially save you time and labour costs. How they can improve worker safety throughout the cleaning process and how they can clean tight spaces such as aeroplanes and buses, compared to a tub vacuum which is less maneuverable and can cause the cleaner to tug a heavy machine around.
From this, we can see how there are many benefits over a traditional tub vacuum, will you be making the move to backpack vacuums?
Interested in hiring or purchasing a backpack vacuum? Wessex Cleaning Equipment currently stock a multitude of these machines for every purpose!