Scrubber dryers can be expensive, so why should you choose one over traditional cleaning methods?
When we think of cleaning, our mind usually points to traditional cleaning practices, such as mops, buckets, and similar products. However, how effective is this compared to new cleaning approaches, such as scrubber dryer machines?
This blog post is for those involved in the commercial cleaning industry, facilities management industry and those interested in learning about the benefits of operating scrubber dryers. In this blog post, we will discuss why you should consider a scrubber dryer over traditional cleaning methods, such as a mop and bucket. We will also explore the benefits of operating scrubber dryers, such as their efficiency, effectiveness, and the time and cost savings they can offer compared to a mop and bucket.
It is important to understand the benefits of using modern cleaning equipment. By using a scrubber dryer, you and your company can acquire a higher level of cleanliness in less time and with less effort, giving you a better overall cleaning experience.
What is a scrubber dryer?
Progress in technology means there is a replacement for the traditional mop and bucket. This replacement became the scrubber dryer or floor scrubber. This machine functions by using rotating brushes on the floor surface and replicating the use of the action of a scrubbing brush with the incorporation of a cleaning solution that helps to loosen dirt from the floor’s surface. This loosened dirt is collected using squeegees or vacuum technology, leaving the floor clean and dry.
Below, we will discuss and list the benefits of a scrubber dryer over traditional mopping methods and why you or your company should transition to these machines.
Benefits of scrubber dryers
There are many reasons why cleaning companies have been making the switch to scrubber dryer machines, as stated earlier, they can include further efficiency, effectiveness and time and cost savings.
- Time-saving – Operating scrubber dryer machines, compared to manual mopping saves a lot of time for your cleaners. With traditional mopping, you will need to dry it yourself after you have mopped, however with a scrubber dryer, you will not be due to do both. With a scrubber dryer, you will also be able to clean more surface area than a mop. One Stop Cleaning tested this and found out that using a mop would take 41 minutes, compared to a scrubber dryer which only took less than 5 minutes!
- Cost saving – Although the upfront cost of purchasing a scrubber dryer can be expensive, these machines can be cost-effective, meaning they can potentially save you money in labour costs. This investment will save you further costs. Plus, hiring instead of purchasing one completely can reduce costs.
- Hygiene – Using a traditional mop to clean the floor can spread dirt and germs around. When you dip the mop in the water bucket, you’re essentially just reapplying the dirty water back onto the floor. So, even though the floor may look clean, it might not be as hygienic as you’d like.
- Safety – The HSE reports that slips and trips are the most common cause of injuries at work, a scrubber dryer can reduce this risk. When operating a scrubber dryer, the machine dries the surface straight away, making it safer for people and reducing the risk of people slipping over and injuring themselves.
- Efficiency – One of the biggest benefits of using scrubber dryers is how efficient they are compared to other methods of cleaning. This means they are more productive, and you will be able to get more jobs done. Scrubber dryers have a significantly greater solution capacity compared to a walk-behind cleaner or a bucket, meaning cleaners will not need to repeatedly refill this.
Examples of scrubber dryers
There are hundreds of scrubber dryers that differ in size and practicality. From compact, ride-on, walk-behind, upright scrubber dryers and eco-friendly machines!
Below we will list two different examples of scrubber dryers.
i-mop Range From i-team
i-team plans to revolutionise the cleaning industry with its own range of scrubber dryers called the i-mop. The best benefit of this scrubber dryer is that it can do well in obstructed and small spaces with its compact design. Due to the machine’s advanced solution recovery, the i-mop can clean with a fraction of water and chemical usage, meaning it reduces the environmental impact.
SC401 Scrubber Dryer from Nilfisk
This scrubber dryer is much larger compared to the i-mop. This scrubber dryer offers high-speed cleaning and accuracy for significant spaces such as schools and hospitals. This machine uses a battery or can be used via a cable, depending on your task at hand. This brand is very well-known and trusted in the cleaning industry.
In this blog post, you have seen the benefits of what a scrubber dryer can provide for your company and workers. These benefits include the saving of time and cost, higher hygiene standards, better health and safety standards and higher efficiency and productivity within your work.
Wessex Cleaning Equipment is happy to offer the purchase and hiring of these scrubber dryers and other industrial machines. We also can provide inclusive training on these machines. Click the button below to see what we can offer your company.