Founded in 1991, Wessex Cleaning Equipment is an award-winning family-fan business in Southampton that exists to change what customers know about managing cleaning equipment and machinery. By working with us, you will have the ability to create a sustainable future that reinvests into communities and the less privileged. We are also working hard to reduce our environmental impact, and are working to become carbon neutral in 2021/22.
When you join Team Wessex, you are not only joining the Wessex family, but you are helping us to make an impact on thousands of lives, right here in the UK.
We pride ourselves on our employees and the support that we give for your future growth and development. We operate our business with a ‘One Team’ mentality that exists to give everyone an equal opportunity to excel and produce collaborative ideas that help the team and business. Our flat management structure means every employee is treated equally and has the same opportunities to produce excellence for our customers.
About the Person:
To continue our path of success, we are looking for exceptional individuals that each have something unique to bring to our business. You will always put the customer at the forefront of all decision making to deliver an exceptional service.
You need to be passionate about making a difference in your community and nation wide by aiding our company to achieve its sustainability and environmental goals. You need to be collaborative, forthcoming and willing to learn in a fast-paced, yet supportive environment.
If you want to join a growing and embracing company, join Team Wessex.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Apprentice to learn from our experienced team to ensure our customer’s orders make it to them as fast and as safely as possible.
As a Warehouse Apprentice, you will be expected to undertake the following key activities:
- To ensure all company stock is correctly and safely stored as per manufacturer’s specifications
- To ensure all paperwork pertaining to company stock is checked and processed in line with company procedures
- To ensure stock check anomalies are reported to the line manager
- To ensure all returns from customers are checked and returned to shelf stock in an efficient manner
- To ensure all returns to suppliers are dealt with in an efficient manner and in line with company procedures
- To comply with health and safety systems, according to company policy and the relevant law.
- Pick/pack customer orders, loading vehicles for delivery
- Undertake training to use a forklift