About Wessex Cleaning Equipment
Founded in 1991, Wessex Cleaning Equipment is an award-winning family-run business in Southampton that exists to change what customers know about managing cleaning equipment and machinery. By working with us, you will have the ability to create a sustainable future that reinvests into communities and the less privileged. Our customer base of over 11,000 has seen Wessex deliver over 600,000 items over the UK last year alone.
When you join Team Wessex, you are not only joining the Wessex family, but you are helping us to make an impact on thousands of lives right here in the UK.
We pride ourselves on our employees and the support that we give for your future growth and development. We operate our business with a ‘One Team’ mentality to give everyone an equal opportunity to excel and produce collaborative ideas that help the team and company. Our flat management structure means every employee is treated equally and has the same opportunities to deliver excellence for our customers.
About the Person:
To continue our path of success, we are looking for exceptional sales individuals that each have something unique to bring to our business and experience in upselling, cross-selling, and net-new business generation. You will always put the customer at the forefront of all decision making to deliver an exceptional service.
You need to be passionate about making a difference in your community and nation-wide by aiding our company to achieve its sustainability and environmental goals and promoting these to your prospective and account clients. In addition, you need to be collaborative, forthcoming, and willing to learn in a fast-paced and supportive environment.
If you want to join a growing and embracing company, join Team Wessex.
About the Role:
The role will suit an individual who is comfortable working with some of the UK’s leading Facilities Management companies and most prominent corporations in an Account Management capacity and a new business one. Wessex has recently partnered with an exclusive member network, Jangro, to enhance our project range and increase the selling opportunities that you will have. We are looking for people to capitalise on this new partnership and spread awareness of the brand to new and existing customers.
The successful candidate will be given cold and warm accounts to prospect to provide the business with upselling and cross-sell opportunities for both Janitorial Equipment and Machinery. You will also be expected to onboard net-new opportunities and follow up with Marketing inbound enquires that we generate through web sales and lead-generation campaigns.
The role would suit someone within the Janitorial Supply or Facilities Management industry very well.
Field Sales Representative Duties
- Qualifying prospects.
- Pipeline management.
- Generating revenue and acquiring customers.
- Customer evaluation and procurement.
- Account management.
- Sales process management.
- Comfortable running ROI analyses.
- Accurate forecasting.
- Face to face & telephone new business development.
- Ensure outstanding levels of customer service.
- Planned & speculative customer visits.
- Managing & growing existing customer accounts.
- Researching new business leads.
- Identifying new product opportunities.
- Work in conjunction with our office-based sales support team.
No formal qualifications are required for this role, but strong sales and account management experience is essential – preferably with a Janitorial or Facilities Management background.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- The ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Competent in using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous field sales experience.
- Excellent face to face selling.
- Business to business selling.
- Sales of office or cleaning supplies, consumables, PPE, workwear or other similar commodity or consumable product ranges.
- Highly self-motivated, with excellent time management & planning skills.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
Future Prospects & Benefits
Wessex offers its employees limitless progression. Once you achieve success within this role, the possibilities are infinite for progression within Wessex.
We offer our employees a benefits package that they have designed. This includes:
- Having your Birthday off work paid
- Having time off work paid for charitable work
- The ability to purchase products at cost-price for you and your family
- Flexible working
- Regular team building days
- Company car or milage paid
- Company mobile phone
- Company laptop
Salary: As we’re looking to build the best team, our salaries are to suit the applicant. However, as a guide, we pay between £27,000 – £40,000 DOE with a generous commission structure.