About Wessex Cleaning Equipment
Founded in 1991, Wessex Cleaning Equipment is an award-winning family-run business in Southampton that exists to change what customers know about managing cleaning equipment and machinery. By working with us, you will have the ability to create a sustainable future that reinvests into communities and the less privileged. Our customer base of over 11,000 has seen Wessex deliver over 600,000 items over the UK last year alone.
When you join Team Wessex, you are not only joining the Wessex family, but you are helping us to make an impact on thousands of lives right here in the UK.
We pride ourselves on our employees and the support that we give for your future growth and development. We operate our business with a ‘One Team’ mentality to give everyone an equal opportunity to excel and produce collaborative ideas that help the team and company. Our flat management structure means every employee is treated equally and has the same opportunities to deliver excellence for our customers.
To continue our path of success, we are looking for exceptional individuals that each have something unique to bring to our business. You will always put the customer at the forefront of all decision making to deliver an exceptional service.
You need to be passionate about making a difference in your community and nation-wide by aiding our company to achieve its sustainability and environmental goals. You need to be collaborative, forthcoming and willing to learn in a fast-paced, yet supportive environment.
If you want to join a growing and embracing company, join Team Wessex.
Detailed Job Description
- To ensure all company stock is correctly and safely stored as per manufacturer’s specifications
- To ensure all paperwork pertaining to company stock is checked and processed in line with company procedures
- To ensure stock takes with anomalies are reported to the line manager
- To ensure all returns from customers are checked and returned to shelf stock in an efficient manner
- To ensure all returns to suppliers are dealt with in an efficient manner and in line with company procedures
- To comply with health and safety systems, according to company policy and the relevant law.
- Picking/packing customer orders, loading vehicles for immediate delivery
- No former qualifications required
- Able to use own initiative
- Able to work as part of a team
- Be able to work in a physically demanding role
- Ability to learn on the job
- A genuine interest in the role
Future Prospects & Benefits
We strongly believe in upskilling our employees to make their work enriching and to learn new transferable skills that give our team the futures that they deserve. This means that employees can quickly navigate our flat management structure to fill the position that they feel most suited to.
We offer our employees a benefits package that they have designed. This includes:
- Having your Birthday off work paid
- Having time off work paid for charitable work
- The ability to purchase products at cost-price for you and your family
- Regular team building days
- Free nationally recognised qualifications in a subject of your choice
Level 2 Warehousing & Storage Full Apprenticeship Framework, which consists of a Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing and Storage Functional Skills English & Mathematics Employment Rights & Responsibilities Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
This includes one Saturday per month from 8:00 – 12:00