About the Role
To continue our path of success, we are looking for exceptional individuals that each have something unique to bring to our business. You will always put the customer at the forefront of all decision making to deliver an exceptional service.
Your responsibility as an Office Administrator/manager is to oversee and be involved within the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of our office, organising people, helping customers with enquiries, improving information and other resources.
We are looking for an Office Administrator / Manager to join and support our passionate and dedicated team. As the Office Administrator / Manager, you will be responsible for representing our company directly in day-to-day contact with customers, and as an escalation point for customer complaints; ensuring Risk Registers are up to date and the companies policies are followed.
We are an expanding organisation, so if you want a rewarding administrative role with a successful Janitorial supply company then apply today.
Founded in 1991, Wessex Cleaning Equipment is an award-winning family-run business in Southampton that exists to change what customers know about managing cleaning equipment and machinery. By working with us, you will have the ability to create a sustainable future that reinvests into communities and the less privileged. We are also working hard to reduce our environmental impact, and are working to become carbon neutral in 2022/22.
When you join Team Wessex, you are not only joining the Wessex family, but you are helping us to make an impact to thousands of lives, right here in the UK.
We pride ourselves on our employees and the support that we give for your future growth and development. We operate our business with a ‘One Team’ mentality that exists to give everyone an equal opportunity to excel and produce collaborative ideas that help the team and business. Our flat management structure means every employee is treated equally and has the same opportunities to produce excellence for our customers.
Attributes that we are looking for:
- Office Administrator / Manager Specification:
- Answering the telephone
- Manage a team of administrative or support staff
- Taking and processing orders from customers
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Typing and formatting documents
- General admin duties
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems
- Organising induction programmes for new employees
- Supervising and monitoring the work of administrative staff
- Review and update health and safety policies and ensure they’re observed
- Promote staff development and training
- Develop and implement new administrative systems, such as record management
The successful applicant will require the following key skills:
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong organisational skills
- Knowledge of software packages, including Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, and Internal system management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Punctual and polite
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to Multi-task
- Knowledge & understating of regulatory compliance (GDPR)
- Knowledge & understating of how to abide by, or manage, ISO9001
Qualifications in the below would be advantageous, but experience is also highly appreciated.
- Business administration/business management
- Computing and information technology
- Human resource management
- Public administration
Future Prospects & Benefits
Wessex offers its employees limitless progression. Once you achieve success within this role, the possibilities are infinite for progression within Wessex.
We offer our employees a benefits package that they have designed. This includes:
- Having your Birthday off work, paid
- Having time off work paid for charitable work
- The ability to purchase products at cost-price for you and your family
- Flexible working
- Regular team building days
Monday to Friday, 8 am-5 pm. Salary to suit the applicant.